Columbia Cabinets is one of the most respected cabinet companies of its kind in Canada and the United States. Columbia craftsmen, many with over 20 years of experience in cabinetmaking, work out of a modern, high tech 100,000 sq. ft. plant ideally located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, just a few miles from the U.S. border. We are looking to hire 2 Woodworking Machine Operators at our plant.
Job Duties include
• Set up, program and operate one or more computerized or manual woodworking machines.
• Fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures and other wood products.
• Operate gluing machines to glue pieces or wood together or press and affix wood veneer to wood surfaces.
• Operate preset special purpose woodworking machines to fabricate wood products
• Read and interpret specifications or follow verbal instructions
• Clean and lubricate machinery and equipment
• The positions require an experience of 1 month to 7 months in operating woodworking machines.
• Minimum high school education is required.
• The position is physically demanding and requires manual dexterity, attention to detail, good hand-eye co-ordination, standing for extended periods and performing repetitive tasks.
• The candidate may be required to work in noisy and dusty area.
Terms of Employment:
The candidates are expected to be available for work for morning, daytime and late evenings. These are full time (40 hours per week) and permanent positions with a salary of $20.20/Hour. The employer provides extended medical and dental benefits as well as group insurance benefits.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
How to Apply
Apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org