Stonesedge Kitchen is hiring Line Cooks for our busy restaurant located in Whistler, British Columbia. This is a full-time, indeterminate position and the wage offered is $18/hour plus kitchen tip out. Benefits include access to the Whistler Blackcomb Spirit Pass program to purchase a discounted winter ski pass. The language of work is English.
The Line Cook is responsible for the preparation of food before and after cooking with regards to the standards and recipes of the restaurants as well as making sure that everything is in order – from the prepping of food up to cleaning after cooking. Some are specifically assigned to certain dishes that they are expected to master. Specific job duties include:
– Prepare and cook all menu items including complete meals and individual foods in accordance with standards set by the Chef;
– Stock and maintain inventory and sufficient levels of food on the line;
– Monitor supplies and communicate recommended par levels to superiors;
– Prepare and portion food prior to service, and ensure portion control is maintained at all times;
– Assist with the daily ordering of supplies;
– Supervise kitchen helpers and assist with training during shifts;
– Oversee kitchen operations during breakfast shifts;
– Maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment.
– Completion of college or other program in cooking, or several years of commercial cooking experience are required.
– Ability to lift 60 lbs and stand for long periods of time
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants can submit their CV and references by e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to our business address: 13-4122 Village Green, Whistler, BC, V8E 1G9.
Tagged as: line cook, stonesedge