Ethnic Food Cook
Employer: Seki Noodle House
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
Language: English required
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 6322
Job Location (s):
#102 – 3327 Lakeshore Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 3S9
Here at Seki Noodle House we offer an extensive selection of Japanese food in Kelowna. Our menu offers many delicious dishes such as tempura, sushi, soups, rice bowls, and a wide variety of appetizers.
Seki Noodle House is looking for an Ethnic Food Cook who can efficiently assist in the daily operations of our restaurant.
Main Duties include:
– Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes using recipes and food products for Japanese food
-Oversee kitchen operations
– Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
– Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
– May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
– Share knowledge and skills and train kitchen staff in the preparation, cooking and handling of Japanese food.
– Set up and oversee buffets
– Completion of high school required
– Minimum 1 year of experience in food service
– Due to the nature of the business, preference will be given to those with Japanese cooking experience
– Food Safe Certificate required, or ability to obtain upon hiring
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
-We would like to thank everyone for applying, however, due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
-We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, as members of ethnic minority groups such as aboriginals, youth and new immigrants are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Selection will be based on merit alone.