Experienced Chef in French Cuisine (13495 Bathurst Street, Richmond Hill)
We are a French bakery caterer serving up a healthy and tasty French-based food for the store and catering functions. We operate in a storefront at 13495 Bathurst Street in Richmond Hill.
We need an experienced Chef to join our dynamic team to start as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Menu planning and kitchen organization for products sold at the store and catering for small and large groups
· Food preparation and cooking, plating, presentation of dishes, French pastries for the store and catering functions
· New recipes and menus creation
· Following food safety requirements and creation of meals for food allergies
· Train and instruct cook in preparation
Hard-working, organised, creative, and passionate about food and customer service. You will be able to work in a fast-pace environment. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a team. French-speaking is an asset since the Team members are mostly native French speakers. You are a team player to engage others to get the work done on time with excellence. You are able to work unsupervised. You will also be able to work in a flexible schedule including days, weekends and public holidays for the store products and catering events depending on business needs.
· Valid Food Handler Certification
· High School diploma or working experience
· Minimum 5 years of experience working in a fast-paced kitchen and high volume
· Excellent knowledge of French Cuisine that includes:
Catering functions (Cocktail bites, stylish plating, …)
French butcher methods (cuts of meats) and cooking/techniques
French charcuterie/cured meats (ham salting and cooking, rillettes, pâté,…)
French pastries (Mille-feuille, Saint Honore, Éclair Puff, …)
Brittany specialties (andouille de Guemene, kouign-amann, …)
· Crepe master (sweet & savoury crepes and their fillings to make in front of the customers)
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to): Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Location: 13495 Bathurst Street – Unit 6, accessible by public transportation
Salary & benefits:
You will receive an hourly wage of $22
Permanent and full-time between 30 to 40 hours per week. May vary depending business needs.
Free meals during the shift and group insurance coverage.
Job posting open to anybody including students, youth, veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Person with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors and Apprentices.
IF INTERESTED, Please send your resume. Thank you.