Love your job and flourish in the landscape industry!
Are you looking to find a great place to work, hone your skills, and establish a rewarding career?
If so. this could be the job for you!
Jovak Landscape & Design Ltd. is a tight knit group of passionate people that are designing and building custom landscapes for the higher end residential market. We have been doing this in Vancouver, the Lower Mainland, and the Fraser Valley for over ten years. We strive to create a team environment where the talents for motivated team members will achieve personal success as well as impact the company’s success. Core values such as efficiency, honesty and having the right equipment for the job, has created a passionate work environment where we can be proud of the landscapes we build. This is not a job, but a rewarding career where together as a team we can achieve our goals.
JOB TITLE: Crew Lead Hand
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 43760 Keith Wilson Road , Chilliwack, BC
WORK LOCATIONS: Primarily in Chilliwack and Abbottsford with potential projects in ________________
POSITION: Fulltime, permanent, 40 hours a week
• Manage various projects which transform clients properties into well designed outdoor living spaces
• Supervise and organize team on projects such as building patios, retaining walls, garden beds, pergolas, cabanas, pools, pathways, etc.
• Lead and train team on operation, management of all types of machinery, tool and equipment use and maintenance.
• Plan, coordinate and execute typical landscape labour including digging holes, wheel barrowing dirt, planting and other construction elements for outdoor landscaping.
• Ensure proper construction quality
• Train and motivate crew members
• Report directly to company owner Ad
• Translate components of work from plan to site
• Well-developed skills in all areas of landscape construction including:
o Softscape: drainage, lighting, planting, layout, mulching, soil placement
o Hardscape: grading, paver laying, natural and concrete walls, masonry, flagstone, concrete, ponds, outdoor kitchens, build wood structures such as gazebos, arbor, pergolas, decks
o General tasks: loading, pushing and dumping wheelbarrows of various materials (soil, sand, gravel, road base etc.); raking, and compacting various materials; carrying and stacking paving materials, lumber, steel/rebar, pallets, and other building materials
o Equipment: operating and helping maintain machines including skidsteers, excavators, trucks, and trailers
• At least 2 years of experience supervising similar landscaping project
• At least 2 years of experience in general grounds maintenance and landscaping work
• Enthusiastic and efficient team leader with a sense of urgency
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to be proactive and plan ahead
• Good communication skills
LANGUAGE OF WORK: English
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Hourly Wage: $28-$30, based on experience
• Full Benefits after 6 months of full-time employment
• Annual Company Golf Tournament & Multi-Day Trips to Ski Resorts like Silverstar
• Regular After Work BBQs & Company Dinners
If this sounds like you, let us know why you would be a great fit for our team in your cover letter and send it with your resume to Administration on our website jovaklandscape.com