HACCP Coordinator – Food Processing position is a full time position and the individual will be responsible to:
• Identify, evaluate, control and prevent hazards at all stages of the food production process
• Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
• Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
• Prepare production and other reports.
• Food safety/handling skills
• Check products and packaging for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as required
• Take samples of products at various stages or processing.
• Examine ingredients or finished products by sight, touch, taste and smell or weigh materials to ensure standards.
• Conduct routine tests for product specifications such as colour, alcohol content, carbonation, moisture content and packaging.
• Ensure hygiene and sanitation practices conform to policies and regulations.
• Advise supervisors of ingredient or product deficiencies.
• Certified and trained in HACCP
• Certified in Food Safety and Online Shelf Life Validation
• Trained in Cleaning & Sanitation for Food Processing Facilities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Critical thinking and problems solving skills.
• Superior ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance Program & HACCP basics
• HACCP Training for Processors Online (required)
• Certificate of Achievement in Introduction to HACCP (required)
Education: Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma
Experience: Two (2) years work-related experience in quality assurance