The Fish Plant Worker is a seasonal full time position and the individual will be responsible to:
• Set up and operate machines to clean, cut, cook, smoke, brine, dehydrate or otherwise process fish or seafood products.
• Set up and operate machines to can, bag, box or otherwise package fish and seafood products.
• Check products and packaging for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as required.
• Record production information such as quantity, weight, date and type of products packaged.
• Fish and seafood plant cutters and cleaners
• Cut, clean and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing.
• Scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using knife.
• Check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in container for weighing.
• Disjoint and remove meat from lobsters or other crustaceans preparatory to canning or further processing.
This is a labour-intensive position requiring individuals to perform repetitive tasks and stand for long periods of time.
No educational attainment required as we train on site.